Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sleepover

Jeremy and I have his sister's kids with us for the next few days, Tucker and Shilo. We couldn't find Jeremy's queen blowup mattress so he went out and got a new one for the kids to sleep on so they could be in the room across from us.

For the most part they slept through the night with only two interruptions. At about 11pm, Shilo woke up in tears. It was raining really hard and it scared her. I rocked her for about 5 minutes as we discussed how the rain sounded like. We concluded it sounded like little ponies the size of kittens on the roof and she told me all the colors of the ponies and then decided to go back to sleep.

At about 4am, we were wakened by a blood curdling scream. Tucker was having a nightmare and was freaked out that the hall light was off. We have a nightlight in their room but that apparently wasn't enough. I held him for a few minutes and calmed him down, assured him that we were right across the hall if he needed anything and he insisted we turn on a light somewhere outside of the room so I turned on the bathroom light and he went right back to sleep.

The morning crew was bright and cheery and convinced their uncle to make waffles which he did. I don't usually make waffles for him and he loves waffles so I don't think he minded too much. They watched the rest of The Incredibles while I struggled to wake up and get up. They were anxious to wake up this morning because we had promised waffles and play time with the kittens. The kittens didn't agree to this but they're pretty quick to escape so I'm not too worried about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment