Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Pied Piper

My group of girls is growing and branching out to include boys. The youngest I've had over here was a 3 year old and the oldest 11. The initial draw was the cats but now some just like to come over and hang out, mainly Amber who is 4. As a consequence I have been doing a lot of yard work. I don't want them inside because I don't want their parents worrying. One, we don't have kids, and two I haven't met any of their parents. Right before Easter I made a bunch of cookies and organized plates of goodies for Jeremy and I to take around to meet the neighbors but I got tired of baking and decorating cookies and a lot of the neighbors weren't home when we went around so we didn't catch everyone.

I'm not totally sure how to entertain my little flock so I've been feeding them Otter Pops and have had sidewalk chalk out for them to draw. This keeps them from eating all my strawberries before they are ripe. They love to "help" me pick strawberries. Today we made Play Dough which was a hit. I thought that would give the kittens a break.

Yesterday the kittens were so tired after being chased around the yard and being held that Pumpkin couldn't even make it all the way up the side of the couch before she fell asleep. Wish I could have gotten a picture of it, half of her was on the cushion and the other half limply hanging off. We couldn't wake them for the world for at least 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment