I've still been job hunting since I got laid off since the end of September. Recently I took up substitute teaching to pass the time and also help me regain my confidence to get back out in the work force as well as give me a break from being a kitty mom before I become a crazy cat lady at an early age. The only nibbles I've gotten on my resume are all risk sales jobs. In other words, I assume all the risk for my success based on how many clients I can obtain for the company and how big an account; commission only jobs. Prior to getting married when I had no life and when in and out of phases of wanting a relationship vs boys are trouble and take too much time, I probably could have taken one of these jobs. Being married to Jeremy is so much better than anything else and I don't want to jeapordize my relationship by a job that would suck every ounce of energy and time away from him, my job needs to fit around my relationship with him and not the other way around.
I'm very underimpressed by the SLC's Craigslist. Most of the jobs posted have promises of get rich quick, are computer geek jobs, or these commission only sales jobs, with a smattering of administrative secretarial or minimum wage only jobs. I tried LinkedIn, but you actually need to know a few people first to make that work and most everyone I know isn't there. Monster is a waste of time and I've been generally underimpressed by the job fairs here.
Statistically the economy is much better here in Utah, however I got a lot more call backs from jobs that I actually met the qualifications and had decent pay in Seattle. Jeremy has been really supportive but I took a real hit to my confidence when I got laid off and have been nervous about getting back out there. Going to all the commission sales job interviews has helped me with my confidence in interviewing, something I never was good at before, but it hasn't been fruitful because that's not the line of work I want. I'm trying not to be too picky but at the same time I don't want to be miserable with my job.
I'm hoping something will come up. Jeremy and I have decided that it would be best if I'm not working when we have children so I have only so much time depending on whenever that happens to have a career. I'm still trying to be optimistic something will come up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment