Friday, January 23, 2009

Wedding Stress

I'm blogging because I can't sleep. I have been averaging 4-5 hours a night for the last two weeks. Jeremy bought some meletonin for me this last weekend as a possible solution. I could take it but I'm fighting it because I have issues taking anything usually whether it be asprin, motrin, chocolate, (ok never mind that last one, I'm a firm believer in chocolate therapy). I know some things are not psychological like intense physical pain which I'm a wimp and do give into modern medicine when I don't want to bear it or can't, but stress induced insomnia is where I have issues and taking a supplement to me seems like taking a placebo.

I don't believe that a long engagement is wise but it sure makes things so much less stressful. Everything seems to have a really long lead time such as invitations, cakes, photographers, flowers, etc. Thankfully we ordered our invitations in Utah where they're used to throwing together weddings in record times otherwise we would be in a world of hurt right now waiting for them to come in. Monday I put together over 100 and have been gradually working on them through the week. I now have to take all the finished ones apart because we forgot the insert cards. The goal is to have all mailed this Saturday.

On the plus side, due to all the stress I have lost 10 pounds!

2 comments:

  1. I guess that's better than losing weight because you're violently ill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two points:
    1 Melatonin affects the seratonin in your brain, and is a great way to reset your body clock. Apart from taking too much of it, it is not like other drugs that attack your endocrine system and internal organs. So don't be overly concerned about it.

    2. Your wedding. It is YOUR wedding. A couple, two witnesses, a sealer and an alter are all that are required, everything else is just the traditions of the fathers. So don't stress about it. The simpler you keep it, the less can go wrong. If anything does go wrong, just laugh it off - your grandchildren will think it's funny.

    -sorrel@byu.edu

    ReplyDelete