1. Since starting at a job where I have to wear "business casual" I've been trying to find fun apparel. Andrea and her Mother gave me geeky ties for Christmas, an "I don't byte" tie and a tie with a tabby cat with a computer mouse dangling from its mouth :-). This week I received two items of clothing that are also fun for work - a power tie and a trogdor polo shirt.
The power tie is nicer than I expected it to be. When I have to go over to the Church Office Building, I have to wear a tie, so this is one that has the muted awesome look :-).
The Trogdor polo, of course, comes from homestarrunner.com's Strong Bad email titled Dragon. Followups to the email about Trogdor include a fun old Sierra style game called Peasant's Quest. It also seems to have the muted awesome look.
2. Second on my list of geek week events was my car
reaching 111,111 miles. I just enjoy numbers for some reason. Growing up, I really enjoyed math and patterns in numbers.
He has been monkeying around with my computer that Brian built trying to make it behave and work like it's supposed to and named it: "Sweetheart." Last night I had to pry him away from it because dinner was getting cold and told him to say goodbye to it. With a mischievous grin he replied yes sweetheart and then sadly to the machine said "goodbye Sweetheart"
ReplyDelete