Sunday, January 18, 2009

How it all began....

This is a bit of a long story of the unconventional courtship Jeremy and I shared that eventually gave birth to this blog. We have been asked by family and friends about our story so we thought we would start a blog and share our love story. I have an amazing sister and also an awesome brother-in-law that look out for me. After several attempts to find my prince and enduring countless heartbreaks, Rachel and Jonathan thought they'd play matchmaker with me. I am not a fan of blind dates and have not had good experiences with them in the least, except once. I came down to Utah in April for Conference and to spend time with Rachel and Jonathan and family. Grandma Sinden also came down with me which was a neat experience in itself as she was able to spend time with her aunts and also told stories of her childhood growing up in Utah to me on the trip to and back.

Monday April 6th was Rachel and Jonathan's anniversary but instead of a romantic night out on the town since they had an available babysitter with them, they invited Jonathan's co-worker over for family home evening and games. I can't really remember what we had for dinner but I do remember we played Settlers of Zarahemla.

I was downstairs when Jeremy arrived. I could hear the kids upstairs squealing with delight when he came. I was a little embarrassed to come up because I had just gotten a bite plate from my orthodontist to keep me from clenching my jaw so my teeth would move but it made me talk with a lisp. Jeremy never said a word about my speech impediment and was so good with the kids. He managed to get them to eat all their dinner, a rare thing, and they were even helpful clearing off the table after under his direction. They were put out that they weren't invited to stay up and play games with Jeremy. It was a fun evening but eventually he had to go home. He said goodbye and then left. Rachel and Jonathan looked at me for a clue to see if he asked me out, but no....and then there was a knock. Jonathan came back to the living room where Rachel and I were and told me that it was for me. It was then he asked me out for a date that upcoming Wednesday night while I was still in town and asked if there was anything in particular that I enjoyed doing. I told him I liked to dance. He forewarned me that dancing wasn't his strong suit, (but that can change!).

For the next several months following we talked on the phone a few times a week to every other night and eventually every night and a few times during the day. We saw each other briefly in June when I came down for Rebecca's wedding and then once again in September which I think deserves a post of it's own. As soon as I returned to Washington in September I got laid off the first day I was back. So I moped around the house for about a week and then went back down to Utah to look for a job, roommates and a new start. I have thus far accomplished one of those objectives as I still have no job, not really roommates, I'm living with my cousins Heather and Will which has been wonderful, but I am getting married in month so I think that definitely qualifies as a new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment