Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Car

Jeremy and I are now car owners again.  We're pretty excited about our find too.  Other than some minor cosmetic damage on the body and the tension rods for in the boot, aka trunk being broken it is in great shape.  It has a parrot system which we would call a bluetooth in the US, a satellite navigation built in and my favorite, heated seats.  :)  I'm also a fan of the leather because toddlers are messy creatures.  Our main criteria for a car was one that Jeremy would fit in.  He's a bit on the tall side and the cars are on the tiny side here. Unless car designs change in the future I don't see a sports car in his future, he has informed me that he does fit in a Ferrari  just in case I wanted to know. Jeremy had rented a car online for his first visit over here and after going out to the lot to get it he had to go back to the front desk and confess he couldn't get in the car.  Our second big thing was economical.  Yes we choose a place as close to work possible but he still needs to be able to drive there and back and the price of gas here is triple what it is in the states.  After trying manual which is completely backwards here with extra gears we decided an automatic was the way to go and losing the extra possible 5 mpg difference between the two was well worth it.  We negotiated getting the locking mechanism for the passenger door in with the original sale price and also found out the car has an alarm system.  I've never owned a car worth installing an alarm system so this is new to me.  I have yet to drive it but I now have it fully insured so I guess I can try it at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment