So after watching our entire kids DVD appropriate collection over the last several weeks with Gwendolyn I've tried to branch out with other media with her. The last couple of days while working on potty training, (unsuccessfully, more about that later), we started listening to the radio while I found things in the kitchen to keep both me and her busy so she would stay in the kitchen area while running around half dressed. British radio is very open I've found. They discuss anything and everything. At times I have felt as if I was listening to a conversation between my former cub scouts as they discussed everything from warts to flatulence with a guest doctor. I won't go into detail because they already did. I haven't heard many female disc jockeys yet so maybe the conversation improves?
Gwendolyn loves rocking out the radio. She dances and bops to the beat. We've tried going outside but it is so cold she doesn't like to be out there long. Spring is supposedly around the corner but not here yet. The tulips and daffodils are in bloom all over and the only thing that I've found cheaper here than in the states are fresh flowers.
So potty training, yeah... Gwendolyn refuses to use the toilet. She will hold it for hours despite a never ending supply of juice drinks and crackers. It's pretty amazing. The relief society president reassured me that with girls once they do it once they never go back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment