Sunday, August 11, 2013
Rough Night
Yesterday was the day of our ward BBQ and the birthday of the bishop's daughter, the only other little one in nursery with Gwendolyn until Gwendolyn turns 3 in 2 weeks when the primary is moving them both up into Sunbeams. For the past couple of nights Gwendolyn has been having a particularly hard time going to bed at night and consequently has been overly tired during the day. Despite being completely exhausted she manages to still keep on the move surprisingly well and is very busy. Last night after a busy night we got Gwendolyn home and put her directly to bed as she was acting very tired and fell asleep in the car as we pulled into the driveway. She went straight to sleep and we thought for the first night in a long time that maybe she was going to stay there. Shortly after she woke crying and Jeremy went to lie down with her to help her go back to sleep before she made it all the way to our room and our bed which is what she normally does if she wakes upset. He stayed with her till she fell asleep again and then she woke again even more upset when she realized she was alone again. This time it was my turn and by then it was past midnight. I went back to her to comfort her and found she felt very hot. I stayed with her till she fell asleep but she woke shortly after I snuck out of her room and crawled into our bed. Exhausted and defeated we decided to let her just stay. I mentioned to Jeremy I thought she might be sick. Poor man was beat and he didn't really realize what I said till Gwendolyn sat up and threw up all over him and our bed several times. So at 1am we were up washing sheets and washing a kid feeding her juice and popsicles in the bathtub. Jeremy made up the pull out bed downstairs and we all crawled in once everything was cleaned up, put on a movie for Gwendolyn and all tried to get some sleep. Jeremy had an early morning meeting today and a talk and I was supposed to teach Relief Society. We did the switch off today and were pretty much zombies. Sleeping with a wiggly and sick kid really doesn't mean restful sleep. None of us slept too great but Gwendolyn was sure excited about a bed in the living room and getting both parents. Really hoping for a better night tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment