Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birth-day

Andrea was 1 week and 1 day late and the doctor had her come in last night to start the process of being induced. So she was given medicine a couple of times over the course of the night that would help get her ready. At about 5 AM contractions started and Andrea had made little progress through the night. Then at about 7, hard labor started. Within half an hour, the baby was completely out.

She is 7 lbs. 1 oz, 20 inches long, so tall and skinny. Her name is Gwendolyn Ann Hanna and she is a welcome addition to our home.  She's a beautiful little girl in our eyes.  She seems to have Andrea's eye shape, nose, and mouth.  So she's gorgeous :).

Here are a couple of photos from the day:

Andrea spending some quality time with little Gwendolyn just after the birth.
Jeremy holding Gwendolyn a little later wearing his "Daddy shirt" :)

4 comments:

  1. I said hard labor - it's all hard labor. I think I meant just that things started progressing really fast. Not sure if there's a stage for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just a bit tired, so please excuse any mistakes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! I need to get on the computer more often! Congratulations you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little does he know it was one long contraction from midnight on, no break. I just was quiet about it till 4:30am when I finally had enough with the suffering in silence and decided he needed to join me on this sleepless journey. Hypnobabies does not work with induction.

    ReplyDelete