Friday, June 14, 2013
Hurricane Gwendolyn
I used to laugh at the tales of my sister's kids destructive antics because Gwendolyn has for the most part been pretty easy going. Today I'm not laughing. She has unfolded all of my folded laundry, rifled through my dresser drawers and tried on my shirts, one of which she proudly paraded around the house. She tormented the cat to the point the cat is a nervous wreck, dumped out all the crayons all over the living room, gotten chalk all over herself and me. While I was cleaning the living room she started in on the kitchen by dumping out a whole box of corn starch, and of course spread it all over the floor gleefully playing in it. After I swept that up she got the brown sugar and tried to dump all of it all over the floor but I caught her mostly in time. As I was cleaning that up and putting that away she got into the laundry detergent and then mutilated a rose in a cup of water. And yes all within an hour. And yes I was present for all this and was trying my best to keep up, but undoing what she has done takes more time so she was always 2 steps ahead. She also did not take a nap today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hahaha! I'm laughing with you. That's my day, everyday!
ReplyDelete