Saturday, February 18, 2012
Rant about Taxes
I'm here surrounded...., er buried, by forms and papers trying to make some sense out of our current tax system that changes annually if not more. I can't help but think that this is just a waste of everyone's time, not to mention the rain forests we're spending so much funding on trying to preserve. I understand the country can't run on a lack of income...oh wait that's what we already are doing. My solution, flat sales tax, get rid of the IRS, one less government organization buried in red tape and paperwork. We'll save money, headaches, procrastinators, and the rain forests all at the same time. The downside is that also frees up Congress to increase government power because they won't have the last 3 months of the year to argue about how much the general population outside of government should be paying them. I actually enjoy working with finances and numbers but it's pretty discouraging seeing a pattern of each year paying significantly more taxes than the previous year. *Sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment