Sunday, April 10, 2011
Hashimotos
Hashimotos, no it's not the Japanese word for bless you. I saw an endocrinologist Friday under the recommendation of my OB doctor. She diagnosed me with Hashimotos and confirmed I will be on thyroid replacement the rest of my life. :( The optimistic part of all this is my inability to lose the baby weight and my lack of energy is not in my head. I'm still pretty frustrated because despite cutting sugar, chocolate and eating super healthy when I was pregnant, I still "exceeded expectations," while pregnant so I have a little more than I expected to lose. I asked her for tips on losing weight with a thyroid disease and she said although there's no sure formula, she suggested a few things, increase drinking water, protein at every meal and small frequent meals. She also suggested the south beach diet, so I figure that can't hurt. Besides if that all doesn't work, I could always visit the office next door, (it's a plastic surgeon's office). Loved the irony when I walked in for my appointment, it's just about as good as the proximity of Jenny Craig centers which always seem to be next door to some sort of sweets shop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment