I never thought I would move to Texas. The first time I even visited Texas was in January of this year when I interviewed with Rackspace in Austin. It was warm, in contrast to the cold Utah winter :). Also it was nice to see the Ellis family :).
We've been here for a few weeks now and besides a cat going missing for 6 days and an oddly uncommunicative property management company, I've really liked things.
The people are very friendly - when we lost our cat, neighbors eventually helped us find her. People at church went out of their way to welcome us. People at work were very nice as well.
The job is going great, just feeling like I'm drinking from the firehose with a myriad of different technologies at once. I'm trying to keep up with everything and Andrea is especially supportive of me in trying to make a good impression at my new job.
We finally got our internet connection setup, our cat back, and our washer working. We can find the local Costco :). There are still a zillion things to do, but I like Texas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on the new job! I'm glad you guys are getting settled and enjoying thing. good luck!
ReplyDelete