Today I picked up my suit that Andrea got for me for my birthday last year. I love that suit - it's an Italian suit, tailored for me. However, I've lost 15 to 20 pounds since we got married a year ago. So it went to Tony, the Italian tailor, for adjustments.
When I brought it in, Tony looked concerned that there was some pet fur on the suit and some spots that I wasn't aware of. Today, I got fully reproved. He said something like, "This-a isn't a polyester suit; you gotta take care of it. I spent about 5 hours cleaning this up and if you do this again and take it to the cleaners, they'll ruin it." Wow. I gotta take care of the suit.
Apparently with this kind of wool fabric, you're only supposed to use alcohol and then talc powder to get things out of the suit. So I really felt bad that he went to so much trouble, but very grateful for a second chance with the Italian suit. Besides that, it fits perfectly now where before it would fall right off without some serious belt work. I think I'll only wear it to the temple and to the symphony or similar occasions now. Then when I get home, it's back into my polyester suit... ;) just kidding, probably back into jeans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Now that you don't work for the church, you can wear jeans again. :)
ReplyDelete