I've been on the South Beach diet now for almost 2 weeks. Results: 10 lbs lighter, but I also feel my IQ has dropped at least 10 points too. I've been extremely disoriented and forgetful, it took me 30 minutes to find the mall yesterday that is only 15 minutes away and almost 45 minutes to find my way home. I've decided I'm not really safe on the road right now.
I am meeting with a nutritionist on Tuesday as this diet, though highly recommended by the PA at my endocrinologist's office, has clearly not been doing good things to my mental health. I can't give the diet all the credit for the weight loss. I also have been walking anywhere between 2 1/2 miles to 5 1/2 miles daily, sometimes also swimming and of course I still have Gwendolyn to chase around and feed.
In my frustration last week I tried to do some research as to how safe this diet is. I admit I was a little sad to find out no one died doing this diet. Not that I would want someone to suffer that fate, but I admit I was looking for an out. The famous Atkins diet did have at least one casualty so I'm glad that wasn't the recommended diet because I probably would have added to the count.
I'm looking forward to starting phase 2 where I can start eating fruit and whole grains again. I have really struggled just eating bunny food. Phase 1 allows for as much protein as you want, but I just don't really like a lot of protein rich foods.
Jeremy and Gwendolyn especially have been very supportive of my diet. Gwendolyn unlike the rest of us really loves bunny food. She has been downing celery, peppers and even lettuce ravenously. Tonight she even turned her nose up to cotton candy from the fair for asparagus. It's encouraging watching her, but makes me wonder where this kid came from....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahah gwendolyn and i do not have the same taste for food, :p
ReplyDelete