Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Third Trimester

I'm officially in my third trimester. Friday is the yucky glucose test I've been so looking forward to as I'm sure every pregnant woman looks forward to the super sugary orange drink that you have to finish off in 5 minutes. We're also going to register at the hospital at that time so they can expect we will be going there sometime in August hopefully not sooner or later. I wonder if you slip through the system and don't register will they turn you away at the desk and tell you that you'll need to have the baby somewhere else because you didn't reserve your space?

Jeremy and I put up the crib on Sunday and I've been washing all the baby clothes we've bought or been given thus far so we can see what we still need. The cats have claimed the changing table as their own bed and we've already made a Costco run for 1-2 size diapers because I'm not dealing with cloth diapers the first month or two and we're not sure how big this baby is (these will cover us up to 15lbs). Both doctors we've gone to have teased me a bit about not keeping my hopes up for a 6lb baby. They take one look at Jeremy and have decided we're having toddler sized babies I guess.

I think my least favorite part of all the doctor visits other than being poked and prodded is the scale. My doctor hasn't been concerned with my weight thus far but it still is discouraging watching it go up each visit. I know I'm not gaining weight in the wrong places. Rachel and I went maternity clothes shopping and the pants I bought are still way too loose everywhere as well as the tops. I think next pregnancy if nothing changes I'm getting a smaller size.

No comments:

Post a Comment